Monday, January 16, 2012

The two long lost brothers - Ray and Rob

A Happy reunion
long lost brothers reuined after 41 year separation
The BFRC Calcutta has achieved what the RCMP have been unable to do over the past 41 years - reunite long lost brothers Ray Coates and Rob Bowder.  The two strikingly similar lads ran into each other through the luck of the pairings at the recent BRFC Calcutta.   Here older brother Rob looks up to his bigger brother Ray.  Following are their individual profiles

Ray Coates
1.     How do you think your team will do in this year’s Calcutta?
Me and my little brother
2.     Who do you think will win it all?
R&R

3.     Predict one team that will get knocked out in the first round?
Tough choice, lets say James and Grootendorst

4.     What is our favourite vacation destination and why do you like it so much?
The cottage, gets me out of the city

5.     Who is your favourite and least favourite hockey team and why?
Favorite- Ottawa (my daughters like them)
Least Favorite-Washington (Ovechin is a loser)

6.     If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you want to play the lead role?
Brother Rob (He has more hair than I do)

7.     Pajamas, in the buff or something else?
What are Pajamas??

8.     Number of girlfriends/boyfriends in your life:  < 10, <25 or more than 25

About the same
9.     If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

I think Nate- he looks good in pictures and he always gets to play squash (does he really work?)

10.   If you could be a super hero what would you want your powers to be?
Lets say the ability to stay young- just like Ted

11.    Tell us one thing about yourself that none of the Calcutta participants would already know?
I used to be taller with hair when I was younger.  (Ray my older brother Barney is a lot shorter than me too)
12.            Who will give their partner the look more often – Gary Long or Ted Charuk or someone else (name that person)?
If its between Gary or Nate, when I’m their partner I would say Nate if I’m playing left wall and Gary if I’m playing right wall.
Rob Bowder
1.     How do you think your team will do in this year’s Calcutta?
    We'll lose to Norm
2.     Who do you think will win it all?  Norm

3.     Predict one team that will get knocked out in the first round?  Norm

4.     What is our favourite vacation destination and why do you like it so much?  Norm's cause it's almost a fantasy come true

5.     Who is your favourite and least favourite hockey team and why?  The Leafs and the Leafs - need I say more

6.     If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you want to play the lead role?  Norm - we're about the same size

7.     Pajamas, in the buff or someone else?  in Bed

8.     Number of girlfriends/boyfriends in your life:  < 10, <25 or more than 25  If only my memory was that good.  Once I lost my brother Ray, I buried my anguish in any slut who came along.  Thankfully we're now reunited and I can live a normal life - like Super Freak


9.     If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?  Norm

10.     If you could be a super hero what would you want your powers to be?  Norm for his wine tasting ability and buying power

11.   Tell us one thing about yourself that none of the Calcutta participants would already know?  This will come as a surprise, but Ray Coates is in fact my long lost brother

12.            Who will give their partner the look more often – Gary Long or Ted Charuk or someone else (name that person)?  Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment