Thursday, January 24, 2013

Good Ray

In between his sly grin after making one of his sliders, G Ray had this to say



What is your greatest weakness?
Not being paired up with someone as old and injured as myself.  It means higher expectations of the team.

What is the most memorable or favourite sporting event you ever attended?
I would have to say it was a couple of years ago at a C singles T and D match against Pinevalley.  Byron was playing 3 against an 8 year old boy (his racket was bigger his body).  Can’t tell you who won but it had to of been one of the most exciting matches I had seen.  After the match Byron shared a milkshake with the little guy.

Who is your favourite James Bond girl? 
Barbara Bach, I always wanted to be part of an under the cover experience with an ex Beatles Bond girl

What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
Finally being part of a winning consortium!!

What is the one team that you really want to beat in this year’s Calcutta?
Gary and Clive, because as much as I like both guys and Clive is also a golf buddy, I would like to see someone else feel the evil eye and dipping of the head in disgust when a point is lost. (Exhibit A Wednesday January 23rd )

How do you think Byron broke his leg?
I trust Byron when he told me he fell into a sink hole while running from Tammy who was trying to shoot him with a water gun.

How do you think your team will do in this year’s Calcutta?
We will probably do better if Morty’s consortium owns us and not so good if the Peter’s clan gets there way with us.

If the Calcutta was like Survivor, who would be first voted off the island and who would be your favourite to win based on their ability to outthink, outwit and outlast the others?

Well the first person voted off the court would be Ray P. because there is really only one “Good Ray”.  
Based on your criteria for who would be last, well you are talking about squash guys really, so the person last standing is the guy that had good luck, it wasn’t through good management.

Taylor Swift or Rihanna or Shania?
Shania, to me she feels more like a woman (but who could forget Natalie Gulbis in body paint in Sports Illustrated - just added it because everyone needs to see this)


What is your favourite meal?
It use to be eating young singles squash players for lunch, but now that I have moved over to lawn bowling,  sorry I mean doubles squash, I prefer seared tuna and red wine.

What do you want to be doing five years from now?
I want to be just like Dave Van Wely!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment