Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ed Corbett

Ed and I had a chance to catch up at the club recently.  He had some pretty good insights on squash and a few other items.



What is your greatest weakness?
Squash-wise – those pesky shots with lots of spin that go off the wall defying all laws of physics; personal-wise – stopping the drinking when the beer starts after a sporting event (Exhibit A above but you’ve got a good grin on Ed.)

What is the most memorable or favourite sporting event you ever attended?
I watched the Leafs live in a playoff game once when I was a young man (smart ass). I also was at the first game when the Sky Dome roof was closed (someone piss on your parade?).

Who is your favourite James Bond girl? 
Kim Basinger because of the scene when she was naked under the towel and Sean Connery had her roll over as he took a peek. (top 5 list of hot women for me – 9 ½ weeks)

A younger Ed Corbett and Kim








What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
An early Christmas present of being a Calcutta winner

What is the one team that you really want to beat in this year’s Calcutta?
Any one of those -8 or -7 teams as they see me as the easy match (sorry you won't see one of them)

How do you think Byron broke his leg?
That’s a tough one, but I am sure it involved a lot more near beer that is being admitted to

How do you think your team will do in this year’s Calcutta?
We are that dark horse; I will play my typical unforced errorless game. So if my partner lives up to his statute, will are destined for a run deep into the weekend.

If the Calcutta was like Survivor, who would be first voted off the island and who would be your favourite to win based on their ability to outthink, outwit and outlast the others?
It can only be Pozzo as the group’s favorite to rag on and Norm Gaudette is a crafty old bugger

Taylor Swift or Rihanna or Shania?
Hmmm…youth vs sexy vs hot experience. I have to stop thinking about this as things are happening below

What is your favourite meal?

A free one (Ed has his own table at this upscale establishment)


What do you want to be doing five years from now?
Oh God, I don’t know what I am doing now but I want to be the guy who does nothing but talk on the phone and there is no paper trail as to what I said or did.



No comments:

Post a Comment