Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gord Dowbiggin and Gary Long

  
  

Gary Long


Gary Long Profile

What's your favourite sport?  Baseball.  (Editor's note - Gary is a pretty good ball player - just ask him!)

How will your team do Gary?  We'll be top 8 but watch out for Nick and Greg.

What's your favourite drink?  Bottled beer and draft beer

Boxers or briefs?  Briefs

Where and when did you start playing squash?  Premier Fitness in Oakville in 87

What do you think of guys who say you need to take more lets?  Clearly they don't understand the game.  (Editor's note - good luck Gary.  I really mean that by the way.)
















 


Gordo Dowbiggin


Gord Dowbiggin Profile
How do you think your team will do in the Calcutta?
If Gary lets me shoot we shoot do ok. 

When and where did you start playing squash? 
I started playing in university and it has been downhill since.  Unfortunately golf skills don't translate into squash skills (editor's note - you are a good golfer Gord!)

What's your favourite drink?  1980 Grange Hermitage which is impossible to find so that explains why I drink beer. 
 Ideal Concert?  Any Clapton Crossroads Festival (great choice)

Favourite sport?  Judging by how much I swear on the court, it’s sure not squash. Besides, I know I’ll be playing golf when (and it’s a big if) I reach 80 but squash... ahh,not so much.

Favourite golf hole?  Well, I was with Lemieux when he had his ace at the Bev’s #7 but it’s a distant thirtieth to the 5th at Royal Ka’anapali in Maui.

Where did you grow up?  Lived all over Canada (except Maritimes but nobody would admit that anyways). Family is Montreal bred but went to Nelson here in Burlington with Morty (and we ruled in football even back then). (editor's note - you were doing okay up until then Gordo but my second son was born in Halifax - we loved that part of the country almost as much as we love our son.)

 
Other than your wife, if you could have dinner with any female celebrity, who would you chose and why?
Dinner with Charlize Theron is pointless because she’d ONLY want one thing and Ted Charuk’s subsequent legal fees would bankrupt me. So, I’ll say Ellen DeGeneres because she’s a...comedienne...yeah, that’s it...and I’ve got some great BFRC stories she can use for material.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment